Take a walk on the geek side

Journey, the pattern
My friend Jois says that I'd become rich if only I moved on crafting geek stuff inspired by tv series or Journey, the game. The work itself was quite simple, it is all double stitches on a multiple of 28 in a row.
videogames. I must admit I am not a big fan of geek stuff but the potential for a wanna-be seller is quite high (soft toys, winter hats, customised clothes, etc.). So, finally this winter, I decided to make him happy and I crocheted a long scarf inspired to
First I had to find a scheme of the basic game designs, then I had to draw a scheme on paper where each basic cubic design was a 3x3 cells block and the elementary cell was a row of three double stitches. As I wanted to have the design visible on both sides, I decided to use three different yarn colours together, hiding from time to time those not necessary within the work. So the most complex part was to work three wool balls avoiding them to be entwined.
Every now and then though I had to stop and unravel them: not exactly a relaxing job (to be done on a train in example!).
For some reason I forgot to publish the post, but here it is the result. I was pretty happy about it in the end but...was it worth the effort? And how much would a fan pay to buy such kind of item?

Nessun commento:

Rumirù 2010. Powered by Blogger.