The path to celebrity

Last Thursday I received an unexpected phone call: it was a girl who had already had the opportunity to see my creations at a “Furious hobby market” in Palmetta, some weeks ago. She told me she was looking for a baby girl's gift and she couldn't find anything nice in the common shops. So she remembered about my creations and she looked for my mobile number to call. No need to say that we met later on that evening and she bought one of my baby hats (the mushroom one!).
I was more than pleased to know that someone was impressed by my stuff and kept in mind those could be nice things to gift. In the very end the market went pretty well if the seed of curiosity was spread around!

So far, I've been wondering which is the best way to let people know about my creations, the unsolved dilemma: e-shop vs local market. For sure, they both support each other in the selling process; but the more I attend local handicraft markets, the more I realize that people love to see and touch things. They specially love trying stuff such as hats and seeing - not only how they look -- but also which is the softness, colour or consistency of the yarn in their hands. I think that makes the difference with buying on line. Therefore local markets or fairs are places to meet people and make one's creativity keep buzzing around. After that phone call, I am getting more and more convinced that's a good path to get my creations more known.
:)
Right yesterday, I was informed about a Christmas market in December... Looking forward to it!
So, baby hats and brooches are what I've been busy with, lately. But, as for time is never on my side, I didn't have time to take pictures and post it on my e-shop! I wish that the hat (hopefully) will fit perfectly and Benedetta will send me a picture of the baby girl soon!
;)

Nessun commento:

Rumirù 2010. Powered by Blogger.