Fruits of season

Autumn is the season of yellow leaves and forests that wear colors other than green. It's the season of special comforting fruit such as mushrooms, chestnuts and pumpkins.
In my region (Umbria) pumpkins are not so common in the cooking tradition, I am pretty sure there's no food at all based on pumpkins. On the contrary some northern regions have famous dishes made with pumpkin, see in example the stuffed homemade pasta from Mantova (tortelli di zucca).
I think Halloween - not so popular in Italy since 10-12 years ago - has contributed a lot to spread some more knowledge about foreign traditions, including typical recipes. I love pumpkin and I gave my personal after-Halloween dinner yesterday night. I also prepared my guests the delicious (so they say!) pumpkin soup. that I learnt from an American friend.  Pumpkin is also inspiring my creativity, therefore my latest tea cosy was dedicated to it.  :)
The pumpkin tea cosy is available on my shop. Last but not least - once more - my work was hosted on the site pepitepertutti.it (thanks again Ilaria!) that published a very nice post
I gifted Ilaria with my soup recipe to thank her. Hope everything went well if she invited guests for dinner.

Nessun commento:

Rumirù 2010. Powered by Blogger.